The City of Mati and Summerfrolic 2016

The City of Mati is popular in the Davao Region for having beautiful beaches and for being one of the top surfing spots in the region. In addition, it is also very well-known for throwing grand parties, and one of its annual and most publicized party is the SUMMERFROLIC PARTY.

But before we talk about the party stuff, I'd like to share to you the side of Mati which I believe you must also see. Here are a few of the places I believe you should check out in Mati.

1. Subangan Museum 






2. Baywalk


3. Dahican Beach

While you're there, ask a local to teach you how to surf...
Rates usually are around Php300/hour.


There were no good photos of me riding the wave, so here's my friend.
But I did get to ride one wave, out of numerous tries. hahaha!


4.  The other side of Mati beach. I forgot what to call this place but it has no resorts. It's undeveloped and secluded, but it sure has a beautiful view of the sunset. AND it's calmer to be on this side. ♥

5. The Sleeping Dinosaur
Photo by Josef Cagas
Now when you happen to be in Mati in time for Summerfrolic. Be prepared for a wild and beautiful night. The party is a 2-night event.

I had more fun in the second night, though.
 There were fireworks, foam, and more.
 However, the first night was cool, too. There were also foam, loud music, beautiful lights...everything except the fireworks.
I believe the fireworks were set for the second night, which also has the most number of party-goers. Unlike the first night, the second one was jam-packed.

But if you are free on both nights, I suggest you be there on both. Here are a few photos of our awesome party nights at Summerfrolic 2016.
VIP Tickets
That's me at the VIP deck
Us girls at the VIP deck



Poison.
The crowd on the second night.




FIREWORKSSSS!

I could not put everything into words but my SUMMERFROLIC experience is by far one of the greatest and most unforgettable parties I have been to. It was wild and fun!

Oh, and a piece of advice in case you intend to attend the next Summerfrolic party, book a room early. Our suite at Lane's Katulganan  were booked ahead by our sponsor SMART. Hence, we did not have a hard time looking for a place to sleep, unlike some friends I know who almost did not have anywhere to sleep because almost every hotel is fully booked. So to avoid hassle, take my advice. Book early.
At Lane's Katulganan.
Mati truly is a beach bum's paradise and a surfer's haven. With its growing rate in tourism, I believe Mati will be more beautiful than it is today. That is why I always look forward to the day I get to visit Mati, again.

It has now become an ultimate summer destination, especially for people from Davao. As a Davaoena who has been to Mati, I'd say the 4-hour drive was totally worth it. Such a beautiful place. ♥


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.