REVIEW: Maybelline Dream Satin Skin Liquid Foundation + Dream Satin Skin Two Way Cake

Disclaimer: This is not a paid post.

Hi, everyone!

This is my first ever official makeup review. Yaaaaay!


I have always wanted to do makeup reviews but I don't seem to have enough TIME and GUTS to do it. So, I usually end up sharing my thoughts about certain makeup products I use, only, through my social media accounts. However, by some divine intervention, I finally have decided to do one here in my blog. Excuse my work, by the way, I'm still a bit rusty.

I'm no makeup expert, but because I love makeup so much I usually have a 'few' things to say about certain products. 

To start, I'd like to share with you one of my favorite drugstore makeup brand, Maybelline.
I like their products because aside from being affordable, this brand delivers.

I'll be sharing with you my thoughts on Maybelline Dream Satin Skin Liquid Foundation and their Dream Satin Skin Two Way Cake. I will also share with you a little of my thoughts about their Maybelline Fit Me Concealer.




MAYBELLINE Dream Satin Skin Liquid Foundation

Maybelline Dream Satin Skin Liquid Foundation in B2 shade
The liquid foundation costs around Php499 and comes in a glass container with a pump. It contains SPF 24 PA ++, and it claims to provide satin smooth looking skin. Its description says it's long lasting, moisturizing and does not clog pores.


The consistency is very lightweight and 'blendable'. It spreads easily. I have mine in the shade of B2 which is a bit yellowish; great for girls who have yellow undertones.

When applied:

The product is very lightweight and has some dewiness to it, that when applied, it gives you that soft silky healthy glow.

I have a normal to dry skin type. So, personally, I like this kind of finish--- dewy and satin. It makes my skin look youthful. I'd probably use this on days that are less humid. Otherwise, if its humid,it might wear off easily and I'd always have to do touch-ups. Hassle!

I don't advise people who have oily skin to use this. Sorry, I don't think this product is for you.

With regard to coverage, I think it is only medium, not full. So to help cover those dark spots, pimple scars and eye bags, I suggest you still use concealer. OR, you just apply another layer of the foundation to get that full coverage.

 However, in the photos above, I used Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. I just dab the concealer on the target areas, and voila, you can't even see the dark pimple scars I have on my chin and forehead. Super magical item!

Here's a photo of my abused Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Deep Fonce.
Its writings are already erased. Sorry!
It is proof that it was loved, used and abused.

Moving on...


Maybelline Dream Satin Skin Two Way Cake

Maybelline Dream Satin Skin Two Way Cake in B5
The powder costs around Php399 and comes in this beige compact case with MAYBELLINE engraved into its cover. It contains SPF 32 PA +++, and claims to provide a non-cakey, ultra breathable satin skin finish that lasts all day.

In this review, I used the powder to set the liquid foundation using my Innoxa Kabuki brush.



I don't know how to describe it, but it's beautifully matte and satin at the same time. It's also very light on your face.

 In the video above, it worked perfectly as a setting powder. However, I think it would also work well on its own. It has a better coverage than the liquid foundation and I think it lasts longer. It's perfect for girls on the go, just like me.

I think this would also be the perfect foundation to use on humid days, as compared to the liquid foundation. Plus, those who have oily skin would definitely like this finish. This one is definitely for you, guys!

All in all, I liked the above-mentioned products. But I don't really agree that they'd last the whole day. Not in my case. You'd still have to do touch ups though, but not as often. Maybe an interval of 3-4 hours, depending on the skin type.

Here are a few vanity shots with both the liquid foundation and the two-way cake on:




Anyway, that's all for now.
Thank you for reading my review. I'd appreciate it if you leave me a comment on what you think about my first review.

PS.
Maybelline usually sell these items at a lower cost when on promo, so I suggest you should always be on the lookout for these promos. Good luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.