Products harmful to users as declared by FDA | Leisure 18 slimming coffee included.

This afternoon, i watched "Failon Ngayon" on ABS-CBN. Failon Ngayon is a late afternoon tv show that exposes flaws and issues in the society, which i find really interesting.

Anyways, this afternoon's episode is about restricted, unregistered and harmful slimming, whitening and  sexually motivating products that are sold freely in the market. It showed the many products that are effective but harmful to users. Apparently, those products were also restricted by FDA.

I got concerned; not only because i'm once a user of a particular slimming product but also i have some friends who still use the slimming product i was using.

Hence, i immediately googled that particular product i was using. i keyed in the google search bar "LEISURE 18 slimming coffee" -- the brand of the slimming product i was referring to.


One of my classmates introduced the product to me around September 2011 when i had the very urge to slim. That classmate thinned down a lot and shared to me her secret, which i was very convinced because she is the living proof of the efficacy of that product. i also asked if there were any side effects that she felt. she said there were, but it's nothing serious--just the usual thirst and a little palpitation. i also made researches and have read some great reviews. To cut the story short, i got convinced and tried the product.

Indeed, the product was effective. i lost a lot of weight within just 18 days. i even bought an additional box after i finished the first box, until i reached the 3rd box which i eventually stopped because i felt i lost my taste for food. The coffee made my taste buds bitter, and i can no longer stand the great thirst. the palpitations were fine; but i was also experiencing insomnia and dry lips which i wasn't really happy about. at first i didn't mind the side effects because i was really overwhelmed by the results; even my friends noticed my weight loss. but later on, i decided to stop using it.

Anyways, back to what i googled on. i found this:
 http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/BuyingUsingMedicineSafely/MedicationHealthFraud/ucm276053.htm

this link is about Leisure 18 being restricted in the US because it contains undeclared drug ingredient.
Totally uneasy about what i found out, i made further research about restrictions declared by the Food & Drug Administration - Philippines.

and i found this:
http://www.fda.gov.ph/BC/FC2012-003.pdf

Now, i am totally convinced of how harmful the product really is. Unfortunately, the product is included in the list of products that is imminently injurious, unsafe or dangerous and is ordered to be recalled, banned and seized from public sale or distribution.

As Ted Failon said on his show, this products can cause complications and even lung cancer. o_O

I can't believe i left this facts out when i made my research of the product last year. it's a good thing i watched Failon Ngayon and found those links. I hope this article could help others realize the danger of those slimming products.


This proves that the short way is not really the best and safest way. The healthy and RIGHT WAY, as a matter of fact, (even in a diet) is always the shortest way! :)

pls pass and share this. You can save a life!

16 comments:

  1. hi,how about leisure 18 slimming chocolate??and i think there are also orange and mango flavor,i guess same ingredients right????but sad to say my friends don't believe me so sad coz i just want to help and ave them from possible complications

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi. i don't know abt the slimming chocolate, and other flavored slimming beverages of leisure 18.. But yes, i believe they may have the same ingredients.

      if you're friends don't believe you, you may also share this story to them. You may give this blog url http://angel-keepsakes.blogspot.com/2012/06/products-harmful-to-users-as-declared.html so that they may read. Who knows? this might just help them and convince them to stop using it.

      Delete
  2. Hi. I shared this article with a friend in myLot who asked about this slimming coffee. Still waiting for her response. Personally, natural way is the best way to lose weight.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ms. Sharon!

      Thank you for sharing this article. And yes, I agree. Natural way is still the best way to lose weight. :)

      Delete
  3. I used lesuire slimming coffee but the effect is opposite I experienced tardiness alwys sleepy even I excercised and I feel always hungry
    please reply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The effects may vary. The article above is based on my personal experience. :)

      Delete
  4. hi!i started to drink leisure 18 when my classmates referred me this slimming coffee.my first day of drinking leisure 18 was a little bit hard for me because after i finished the first coffee after an hour the palpitation occurs and one thing i discovered the side effects is its hard for me to breath..then i used to
    sleep every 3am.i dont mind the side effects that day because i am so obssessed to become slim after the first box i bought the second box then after i drink the first sachet of the second box i can feel my body temperature is increasing then i was chilling.my mother and i went to the hospital then at the hospital i feel like i need to poop when im inside of the cr i get poop and when i look at to my you know i saw a blood i think its called bloody diarrhea or amoeba.then my mother told me to stop drinking leisure 18 then after i stop drinking that coffee iafter 5 mos. i gained so much weight.my habit in eating is back.then today i used to drink leisure 18 again because many people told me even my family told me that i gained so much weight they want me to become sexy again but when i saw about what FDA said about the coffee that i just read it a while ago i dont know if i should want to continue this or to stop this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, if you want some diet advice you can go to this website and follow one of their calorie controlled diets, you can choose according to your requirements - http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

      and there are many exercise videos i do mine from this youtube site -
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSZj19AUU5I

      Delete
  5. Hi, Thank u so much for this article, i was just about to order this product online but at the last moment decided to check the reviews, and was so happy that i saw this before i spent money on that!, you are a good girl for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and thank you. I'm just glad I was able to help. :)

      Delete
  6. I am SOOOO DISAPPOINTED. I really thought those palpitations and deydrations were usual. Im so stupid not conducting a researching before taking the product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEWARE.. BEWARE.. BEWARE..
    L18 juice is very DANGEROUS....
    my experience.....

    Hi sweety... i start using L18 slimming chocolate juice on 28th dec 2013 twice a day.....and within days i really lost weight was happy with results bt suddenly it makes me so weak internally that i got swelling on my fingers as well on feet fingers and cant walk n do any work i got seriously sick and lost my all energy...on 4th jan 2014 i stopped comsuming juice..n its 31st of march i am still recovering my health probs..by consulting dr she said i have blood deficiency n it drags me to anaemia(m worried)....phew now i just stop all my diet n excercise progs n all tym i just eat eat n eat all healthy n nutritional suppliments..when i tired of eating n taking vitamins n calcium tabs i got swollen..now i m searching that what to do coz i am fat again :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing about this

    ReplyDelete
  9. I purchased packet of Leisure 18 Slimming Mango Juice Drink and had first sachet this morning before breakfast. Didn't find it very pleasant but that wasn't a problem. As the day went by I felt quite weak, a little palpitations, dry mouth, difficulty in swallowing and this is just day one !!!!
    I googled the product and am astounded at what I found out. There is nothing on box or leaflet about side effects but when I saw write up on this product on it's own Facebook page it states that it's not to be taken by people with high blood pressure, heart disease or any other serious illness. Now that I have read all the posts here I have no intention of using anymore from the box.
    They are banned by FDA and states they can cause heart attack, stroke and even cause cancer. That's enough to make me stop and I hope if anybody else reads these reviews, they will seriously STOP taking these dangerous drinks. Will trudge on with natural way of losing weight and try doing some exercise. Thank you all for opening my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What about the leisure 18 slimming orange juice is it harmful also?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use this lesuire 18 slimming coffee about 10yrs ago I lost 20 lbs...I have gained alot of weight with my age and thyroid I was thinking of trying it again, but after seeing this maybe not..

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.