When in Cebu

I'm a Dabawenya. I was born and raised in the Land of Promise---DAVAO. But I can never deny my origin being a CEBUANA. My family originates from Cebu. Hence, I always consider Cebu my second home.

I have been in my second home for numerous times, and every visit is memorable. Not just because my family is there, but also because there ARE really a lot of things/places in Cebu that are worth remembering.

So, as I reminisce my moments in Cebu, I compiled a list of the places and/activities one must try or check out when in Cebu.

1. Swim with the Whale Sharks in Oslob, Cebu 

Whale Shark watching are open only from 6AM- 12NN, so if you plan to swim with the whale sharks you better wake up early. Since Oslob is a long way from the city proper, you can opt to sleep the night before at one of the resorts around the area.




2. Attend mass at Simala Church




3. Swimming at Kawasan Falls

 I heard that canyoneering is the must-try activity around this area. I have yet to try that one.
It was unfortunate that we were time-constraint when we went to Kawasan. We did not have the whole day to do 'canyoneering'. However, I still look forward to the day I get to try that. :) Nonetheless, it was fun. The place was really cool, and the coral blue water is amazing. It reminds me of the waters at Hinatuan, Surigao. :)




4. Fort San Pedro



5. Magpa-'Sinulog' at Magellan's Cross


6. Try the 4D, Skywalk and Edge Coaster at Crown Regency


7. Lapu-Lapu Shrine and go souvenir shopping





8. Check out Alegre Guitars



9. Spend a day swimming, rock climbing, and more at Plantation Bay. It's totally worth it.



10.  Visit the Taoist Temple


11. Visit Samboan Park.

     If I recall correctly, there was an old church in this park. Then, there was a site here where there were stories that they digged up a miraculous statue of Jesus. The place was basically HOLY. I don't know if the place is still the same, but I believe it's still worth visiting. I haven't been there since 2010. But if you decide to visit this, just prepare yourself for another long drive. :)







There are still a lot of places to discover in Cebu, especially now that more tourists are visiting the area. That is why I always take pride in claiming Cebu as my second home because of its many surprises. I still look forward to more visits though. I never get tired of going back to Cebu.

When I do get back, I'll update this blog.
For the mean time, I'd appreciate it if you leave in the comments section your suggestions of the places I still have to go to AND/OR adventures I still need to try out.

I'm positive I'm going back to my beloved Cebu City in the near future. Hence, I'd appreciate it if you help me out with my itinerary or list of activites. Thank you. :)

PS. The  photos above were taken on many different occasions. Some photos were as recent as 2015, and some were as old as 2010. I suggest you do further research when you use my blog for your planned trip. Lovelots. *wink*

~Angel ♥






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.