IMAX 3d @ SM Lanang Premier DAVAO --- plus a list of movies to look forward to!

The grand opening of SM Lanang Premier also marks the launching of the mall's most exciting feature, the IMAX 3D theatre.



Because I was one of the lucky few who got invited to the launching,

 I wore my HAPPIEST FACE on our way to SM despite the traffic and the distance.

My friend, Aldwin Capin of WanderfulDavao.com, was sooooooo in the mood to take photos that day. So, I gave him the honor of taking my photos for the whole event. hahaha. Hence, all photos used in this post are courtesy of Mr. Aldwin Capin. Thank you, parts! ;)

SM Cinema, being the exclusive distributor of IMAX in the country, is proud to present to the DAVAONEOS the newest of the five IMAX Theaters in the country, IMAX Lanang.

But since IMAX is new to us, let me share to you a little of what I know about IMAX. I'm no expert in entertainment technology, but I'll be happy to share to you what I've learned during my first ever IMAX experience.
a quick pose with my new friend, Arjay of gamedok.net. NOTE: bawal mag-picture taking!
So, What is IMAX?
Imax is a technology developed by the Canadian Company IMAX Corporation, the world's leader in giant-screen projection systems. It is a pioneer in theater technology as it delivered the first truly large-screen film experience in 1967. Several decades have passed, but IMAX still leads the pack in entertainment technology.

About my experiene...
We were treated to watch The Avengers in IMAX 3d. It's a good thing I watched The Avengers, first, in 3d in a particular mall here in Davao so I could make honest and clear comparisons.

Unlike in regular 3d theatres, IMAX 3d shows better pictures. It is beyond normal standards, and the images shown are of incredible clarity. IMAX's screens are so large it makes you feel you are at the center of the action. On top of the very large image-display, the images are also of crystal-clear quality.   Audio inside the IMAX theatre are much more realistic. The enhanced depth and quality, and digital surround sound are truly excellent! There's also one thing I noticed inside the IMAX Theatre, the theatre is designed to ensure that all viewers will be directly facing the screen wherever you sit. The seats are also angled and are steeply raked to make sure that everyone in the audience gets an unobstructed view of the screen. The steep slope of the auditorium ensures that even if a six-foot giant is sitting in front of you, you will still see over his head.

IMAX 3d adds a new dimension to the whole thrilling experience. IMAX makes use of the state-of-the-art polarized glasses. The IMAX 3D uses separate camera lenses to represent the left and right eyes, thus, creating the illusion of depth.

IMAX truly delivers an immersive movie-watching experience. In IMAX, you are not just a mere spectator; you become part of the movie. ---just like what their tagline suggests. "SEE A MOVIE---OR BE PART OF ONE."

All in all, it was an amazing experience. Hopefully, I can watch another movie in IMAX 3D again---soon. If only kind-hearted friends/loved ones would treat me to this, PhP400-worth movie experience. And if I be blessed with abundance, I'd treat myself for another movie.

Here's a list of what we should all eye on IMAX for the next days...

Digital IMAX originals for 2012

  • Under the sea
  • Dinosaurs 3D

Digital IMAX originals for 2013

  • Deep Sea
  • Born to be Wild
  • To the Arctic

IMAX Movies for the last quarter of 2012

  • Flying Swords of Dragon Gate
  • Frankenweenie
  • Skyfall
  • The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

IMAX Movies for 2013

  • Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
  • A Good Day to Die Hard 5
  • Oz: The Great and Powerful
  • Jack The Giant Killer
  • G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation 3D
  • Man of Steel
  • 300: Battle of Artemisia
  • Ender's Game
  • The Hobbit: There are Back Again
To know more about the company, visit SM Cinema's website at www.smcinema.com. To connect with IMAX on Facebook, follow facebook.com/imaxsmcinema and like them on twitter.com/imax_smcinema.

snapshots. *click click click*


I wish next time, I'd get to watch any of the movies above with YOU. ♥



xoxo,

ANGEL ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.