I finished my LAW Degree! AMDG!!!

ANGELICA ANDILAB DEIPARINE, JURIS DOCTOR

I started law school with no idea what I will have to hurdle in the coming years.

As the first aspiring lawyer in the family, I only had with me the courage and belief that I will get through law school's challenges one day at a time. Kakayanin, I said.

Day 1, Orientation came and so I heard the famous line: 'Law school is like a walk in the park---Jurassic Park, and the park was on fire.'

I laughed. Little did I know, it was not a joke at all.

Every day in that park is a constant battle between QUITTING and PERSEVERING. There are days that make it so hard to stay positive, and that you just want to burn in the hellhole you dug. There are days that I wanted to quit so bad, I bawled my eyes out crying and convincing myself to stay.

However, there are also days that are so happy and fulfilling, that makes you feel reassured that you are on the right path. You tell yourself, 'YES, THIS IS WHAT I AM HERE FOR.' These days are the happiest of all days. These are the days that you draw strength and courage to persevere more.

Law school is scary. I will not dwell on the horrid details of how scary it is. But, undeniably, law school is a REWARDING and HUMBLING experience.

Indeed, I had many mental breakdowns during my stay. I had my own share of setbacks. But, during my stay, I also had a lot of proud moments. I had friends and support groups to which I drew inspiration. It was amazing.

In law school, I had my ups and downs; happy and sad moments.

All told, I dare say, my law school years were the BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE.

Fast forward to Graduation Day, I pictured my graduation day very differently back in the day. But because of the pandemic, I had the simplest graduation-at-home ceremony. Nevertheless, I was proud. 

Looking back, my law school years will always be my favorite years (Yet, I will not want to go through that again).

Thank you family, teachers, friends and Ateneo de Davao University.

Here I am, FINALLY a JURIS DOCTOR. Proud.

I will be even more proud and happy when I get through the final stage of my dream: pass the Bar. It won't be easy, but like I said in my freshmen years: ONE DAY AT A TIME, kakayanin!

On to my last step.

Soon, I will see you at the Supreme Court.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.