Of Haircuts and Hugots: Hair Philosophie by Jing Monis

For those of you who do not know Jing Monis, well, he is like the star of hairstylists. After all, he is the stylist of famous stars we idolize, right?

Jing Monis is known to have styled famous personalities such as Anne Curtis, Kathryn Bernardo, Julia Baretto, Erich Gonzales and many more.
For non-celebrities like us, the closest we could get to being touched by Jing's magical hands is to avail the services of his well-renowned salons.

Lucky for us Davaoenas, Hair Philosophie by Jing Monis is only a drive-away.
Hair Philosophie is located at the 2nd Floor of Abreeza-Ayala Corporate Center, along JP Laurel street.

Out of curiosity, I wanted to have the 'feels' of what it's like to experience Jing's magic.
Although I don't really need a haircut that time, a new hair color or any treatment, I really felt I wanted to.

IMPULSIVE. I know, right?
Partly I blame the stuff I was going through that time: a heartbreak and a bad day at Law school. Sounds pretty cliche but really I wanted to look different to feel different.

I don't know if they do this regularly but they served snacks and tea. Yaaay, perfect!

So I came in the salon that fateful day and checked in with the counter my salon appointment. I was booked for 1pm.

I was introduced to my stylist Rich Lee Chua (IG: @richleechua) by the front desk lady.
Now, Rich here is very easy to work with.
He asked me what I wanted. I said in the exact words, 'I want something different.'

In my mind, I don't want to be that plain Jane but I also don't want to be that edgy Madonna. But that time, I couldn't really tell the difference. (If you wanted me to be decisive, that time could be the wrong-est time ever. Gulo gulo lang din buhay ko, no?lol)

SO... In other words, I walked into the salon not knowing what I wanted. I WANTED A MIRACLE, that must be it.

Like a fairy godmother sent to me that day, Rich knew exactly what he wants to do with me.

He told me he's going to cut my hair a few inches, and that he's going to add color to my hair.
I was a little, uhmmm, worried when he said he's going to cut it inches more. 
I've always been the long/mid-length hair kind of girl, so those words were not at all that comforting.
Plus, he said he's going to color my hair with light beige with a touch of RED. Yes, he said RED.  I got more worried because red was never really in my list of ideal hair color. Run, girl.

I was about to panic and leave the salon.
I thought, 'Gel, masyado kang impulsive. Baka di mo naman kaya panindigan. Pagsisihan mo pa. Wag na. May pinagdadaanan ka lang.'

But then, Rich reassured me. 'Girl, you'll love it. It's going to be different, and you'll love it. TRUST ME.'

How can I trust you? I barely know you; you barely know me. How could you expect me to put my heart, este, hair in your hands when you don't even know my favorite food or color? HAHAHA! :)

But like I said, that time I was so lost.
So, I trusted blindly. After all, it's not the first time that I trusted someone BLINDLY.
So, why not?

'TRUST him, he's not going to disappoint you. He has a good reputation and a good heart,' I said. Like I always say when I see goodness in people.
I don't really know if this is a good thing, you know, yung being so trusting and unsuspecting.
But, oh well. Here goes.

So I sat in the salon chair and held on to dear life. Lord, please tell me this a good decision. HAHAHA!

I sat for 2-3 hours as Rich and his assistant worked their way to achieve that 'different' look.
After the cut and color, Rich said he's going to do a Macadamia treatment on my hair. So, I stayed there for another 30 minutes to an hour.






Then came the finishing touches.





After everything was done, I. WAS. IMPRESSED.





Perhaps this is the only impulsive decision I have made during those lost times that is not at-all REGRETTING.

I mean, buti pa sa haircut ko di ako nabokya.
Impulsive nga, worth it naman. Yung iba ko decisions? Worth it, ba? awww. HAHAHA

But anyway, 
I loved my hair.

I looked so good, so pretty and so different.
AND yes, I felt good.
I was so satisfied.

Alam niyo yung sabi na 'To feel good, you have to look good', yes?Ganun na ganun ang feeling ko after, teh.

The cut was fine. It made me look edgy, and not at all fat.
The color was to die for. I loved it. I did not expect that the color was not really loud as a I feared it to be. It was just the right shade. It was a soft red on a beige/brown accentuated hair. It's a first, for me, to try on this color. It's beautiful.

Finally, the Macadamia treatment was amazing. It made my hair feel so alive and bouncy. I don't know what sorcery they did but, really, its going to make you want it more.

Buti pa sa salon, gugustuhin mong ulit ulitin ang pagiging impulsive. Unlike falling for wrong people, the salon won't make you regret your decisions.

Rich curled my hair just so I'd feel extra special. :)






Hair Philosophie is indeed a safe-haven for me. No worries, no regrets.

PS.
Shoutout to my awesome hairstylist, Rich Lee Chua.
You can book him for your hair fantasies.
I swear, he's going to work his magic on you like a pro.
Just ask for him at the front desk, or reach him through these numbers for bookings.
Mobile 0917 329 1981 / 0998 859 3688 or landline (082) 296 4465.

I also bumped into Mommy Van of myteenagekidandme.com who also had her hair done at Hair Philosophie.

To know more about the salons rates and services, you can call them or check the photo below.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.